Government Scheme to Help Parents with Childcare Costs
Currently at Lanner, we offer all three and four year olds 15 hours’ worth of free early education and childcare before they start school. The doubling of provision to 30 hours is now available to working parents.
The 30 hours of free provision is available for families:
1. Where both parents are working (or the sole parent is working in a lone-parent family) and each parent earns the equivalent to 16 hours a week at the national minimum or living wage and earns less than £100,000 per year.
2. Where you have a partner and one of you gets any of the following benefits:
* Carer’s Allowance
* Employment and Support Allowance
* Incapacity Benefit
* Severe Disablement Benefit
Lanner School have extended provision in line with the Government recommendations. We also offer additional wraparound care for our three and four year old children through our Breakfast and Afterschool Clubs (BLAST).
The following is a step-by-step guide in how to apply for 30 hours of nursery funding:
1. Before you start, make sure you have the following to hand:
* Your National Insurance Number, or if you are self-employed, your unique tax reference number.
* Details of other Government support you receive.
* The date of birth of your child(ren).
* A recent payslip, P60 or passport.
2. Go to www.gateway.gov.uk and register.
Once you have registered, make a note of your Gateway Reference Number. You do not need anything else from this website.
3. Go to www.childcarechoices.gov.uk and scroll down to ’30 hours free childcare’.